Z table and Laserboard

Will the Laserboard work with this Z table without extra hardware?

I’m terrible at creating my own hardware from scratch, so that’s why I’m asking.

I added one to my k40 with C3D Mini but am using a separate PSU for the board and the external stepper drivers for the ztable and the Rotary. I was able to get 2x 4A t6600 for about $12ea on Amazon that work great. IIRC the ztable has a standard NEMA17 stepper motor which is easy to power. I am only using the OEM laser psu to power the laser and nothing else.

I’m soon expecting the Laserboard. For those stepper divers, did you need to purchase a another board or are there sockets on the C3D for them? Also they are including a PSU with my purchase. I wonder if that plugs into the Laserboard?

Hi Michael,

For rotary and z-table additions, the LaserBoard does not typically require external stepper drivers and accompanying cables unless you are wanting to run heavier weights or using beefier stepper motors. You can find more info here, which mentions the LO table: https://cohesion3d.com/cohesion3d-laserboard-buyers-guide/

Although you do not need external steppers for the product you referenced, this should answer your connection questions, if you need them in the future: LaserBoard Connecting External Steppers

Yes, the included PSU plugs into the LaserBoard. For further information, this is covered in the installation instructions: K40 with M2Nano Cohesion3D LaserBoard Installation

1 Like

Well I’ll soon find out if the Laserboard can support the motor. Had to cut about an inch and half off the vent so I could put the table in with out having to finish assembling it inside the K40.

Great, you should be golden. Yeah, I ended up removing my exhaust shroud completely to gain more space. Let me know how it turns out.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.