Y-Axis on board is not working anymore

Machine: K40 - Came with a M2 Nano, then bought the Cohesion 3D laserboard.

Software: Lightburn

Problem/ Question:
The Y-axis on my laserboard does not work anymore.
I’ve used the laserboard for about a month, and It has been working without any issues.
The other day when I tried to test a rotary with it, I used the Y-Axis on the controller, for easy testing.
Then it worked for a day, and next time i tried it, the rotary did not spin.
I then proceed to plug back in the Y-axis-motor to see if it was the stepper-motor on the rotary that had failed.

Then the Y-axis-stepper motor did not move either, and when homing, only the X-axis was moving.

Next I did was plugging it in the Z-slot on the laserboard and tried to jog it “up and down” to see if it was moving - and it was. So I know that the stepper-motors are not faulty.

I was now wondering if the Y-port on the board is blown or someting, as it does not work.

I may add that the stepper-motor don’t seem to turn on at all when laser-board is on - it does not lock, like the X-axis does.

Please help

(Sorry, new users can not upload pictures)

Hi Andreas,

Welcome to the forum! I have upgraded your trust level so that you can now upload photos.

Please provide clear pictures of your machine, control panel, board, other electrical components, and wiring. We need to see how and where everything is connected. If you can, please provide a clear video of the Y axis stepper motor behavior and post it on YouTube or another site, then paste the link into a reply here.

Hi, thanks for quick reply.
Now that I was going to demonstrate on video how the machine acted, it suddently worked.
I have no idea how it works now, and not yesterday.
Maybe it has something to do with the power being totally shut off for a while.

This website says that the case will be closed after 14 days of no replies, so if possible, I would like to keep it open and then post video if this problem occurs again in the next two weeks.
Thank you,
Sincerely Andreas Blindheim

Hi Andreas,

I’m glad it’s working again. It may be beneficial to double check all of your wiring connections and make sure nothing is loose.

If you want to keep the post open, just post a reply to keep it active.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.