Y axis not working

Machine: replace this text with what machine you have and what controller it came with

Board: replace this text with what board you have

Firmware: Smoothie or GRBL-LPC? “I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with” is also a great answer!

Problem/ Question: Please provide a detailed description, pictures of your machine/ board/ wiring, and a screenshot of the full LightBurn Window as needed.

Hi Lee. Can you provide more details? Note that the entire body of your post is just the template that we provide.

When I power up my k40 all the lights on the board light up. The ones that are meant to blink do blink. The end stop ribbon is on the right way and the y axis cable is in the right way as well. But when I go to start a job in lightburn. The laser head moves across the x axis ok, but when it comes to going up the y axis it just doesn’t move at all. And just ends up burning on the same line.

I forgot to put in the last post, that the board is running off it’s own power.

Sounds good.

How are you testing this? By sending a job? Have you tried jogging the machine via LightBurn’s move menu with the arrows?

Can you show us pictures of your machine, board, and wiring? Perhaps if you can post a video to YouTube and share the link here we can better understand the issue you are having, including what happens when you try to jog.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.