What is wrong with these lightburn command lines

Thanks Doug. We took a break before you posted your config. I was wondering about whether the beta_max_endstop 1.27^ needed to be “nc” and I see yours is. I think that might be the culprit. Easy to check. I’m also waiting for photos of Nik’s board and wiring.

@DOugL still no luck. First: the photo Nik sent shows the end stop connector is installed correctly so the wiring kit fine. When we “nc” the beta_max_endstop the printer only homes in X and not Y. It is jogging in the correct direction for Y (we set beta_dir_pin 0.11 as it was originally).

The origin is set to the front left of the machine in LB. the beta_homing_direction is set to home_to_min.

Just ugh!

Well after all that, we reinstalled the original firmware and config file - no changes - and rebooted. Believe it or not, it works properly now. Not sure what the heck was going on but all is working now.

Michael and Doug,
Thanks so much for your help on this!!
I’m so excited to have this machine up and running now :slight_smile:

Glad to hear and I suspect it was just the machine Device origin setting since you verified and tested the homing switches and it was just an origin issue.

Glad it is working. You should backup FIRMWARE.CUR and your config.txt and it would not hurt to export the Device setup and save that too. Those 3 things will get you back running if there’s a computer failure or a uSD failure any time in the future, etc.

Nice to see this is sorted now. Good to see you again Michael, in our neck of the woods, and Nik - happy lasering!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.