Water sensor

Machine: k40

Board: Cohesion3D

Firmware: _Smoothie

Problem/ Question: water sensor installation

F3A83194-DF2E-47C0-B34E-971336EDD71F

Hi guys!

Is there any lovely soul who can explain how do I connect the sensors wires to my K40?
I looked all over the place and I find no topic with the scheme on how to connect this simple sensor and since I don’t want to mess up my board I’m asking for you help here.
Thank you very much!

Mário

I have that exact flow indicator. The sensor wires go directly to the lcd so the only wires you need to hookup are the red & black power wires. The way I hooked it up was to cut the silicon tube on the output side and insert the flow indicator inline to the bucket. I left enough length to be able to mount the flow indicator on the back of the lid with double sided tape so it’s easy to be seen but not to obstructive should I need to get into the laser tube compartment. The power connector I just connected a couple leads from a cut off connector from an old PC power supply to the LPSU 5V & Gnd .

Many thanks for your answer! It real helped!

Mário

For other people’s safety I do have to leave this here - please be aware of:

Thank you very much!
Although, It never crossed my mind connect whatever gadget to the LaserBoard…

If you read the entirety of the article you’ll see:

• If you must, and it is a super low current device you want to add, you can try to wire it to the LPSU 24v or 5v output terminals, but we’re not going to tell you how to do this.
  • Ideally, get a small separate power suppply/ brick/ wall charger (yes, yet another one) and power your 5v/12v/24v peripherals from there. This keeps the LPSU low voltage rails clear, and keeps the C3D PSU focused on providing clean power to the LaserBoard.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.