USB suddenly stopped responding

Machine: K40

Board: cohesion3d

Firmware: _Smoothie

Problem/ Question: I recently bought and installed a cohesion3d board in my K40. I’ve used it for about a week or so now with no issues until last night, when I suddenly got a message saying the usb device was not recognized. I found a post from another user who was Describing the same problem. I can fire the laser manually but for some reason the usb is not being recognized any more. I’ve tried using a known good usb cable, updating my PC and drivers, and resetting the SD card. I have attached a photo of my machine and of my cohesion3d board. The LEDs on the board are lit up as follows:
Red is lit
3v3 is lit
L4 is lit
L3 is not lit
L2 is lit
L1 is not lit

If there is any other information I can provide, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Can you be more specific about the LED states? Are L2 and L3 blinking?

You can also try reflashing the card with new files.

They are not blinking. The lights are either steady on or steady off. As I mentioned, L1 and L3 remain off while the other lights are constantly lit, and there is no blinking.

I also tried reflashing the card and didn’t get any results

Okay so I’m not sure what happened but all of a sudden today the board is fine and is running with no problems. :man_shrugging:

Blame the electronics gremlins.

Since you’re good at excising them, think you can have a look at my plasma cutter? :slight_smile:

No, seriously though, I’m glad it’s working and it’s too bad we don’t know what caused or fixed it :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.