Turn off Z table homing

Machine: K40

Board: Cohesion3d
Firmware: I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with

Problem/ Question: My Lightobject Z table is homing when I click the home button and I dont want it to move unless I click on the up or down button as how would I set that up and how do I make the bed move during a cut to make cutting through 3mm acrylic easier

In config.txt, uncomment the line:

#homing_order                                 XYZ              # x axis followed by y then z last

and change it to:

homing_order                                 XY             # x axis followed by y

This has an unfortunate effect of making X and Y home separately, but Z will no longer be homed.

As far as lifting the bed during a cut, in Lightburn select multiple passes in the layer settings, and pay close attention to the “Z step per pass” setting. That should do what you want :slight_smile:

(note that screenshot was taken from the DSP version of Lightburn and your layer options might not have all that noise at the end)

I actually use this on my machine because I noticed that occasionally if Y reached home before X reached home (due to traveling less distance) the drag chain would hang up on the lid. Homing X and then Y solved that problem.