The laser head moving like crazy

smoothie

(Masoud Alavi) #29

Here is image of the motors :slight_smile:

(Masoud Alavi) #30

Hi
I can’t run the software k40 Whispere to connecting that USB Key :frowning: its crazy…

(Jamie Richards) #31

Try using LightBurn to jog 100mm in each axis and measure how much the head actually travels. Utilizing a ruler and some tape can help.

(Masoud Alavi) #32

Thanks for helping :slight_smile:

I managed to run K40W with M2 Nano board :slight_smile: big step for me.

As you can see in the video, I can manually move the head to every direction. But when I using K40W’s “Move to coordinate” nothing happened in Y axis.

I have somehow problems with Y axis on C3D and LB. The Y axis Jumping teeth.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ca3VqPj4qXkAG7BmFmoZhQ_Qr9FZV966/view?usp=drivesdk

And M2 Nano Board:

(Jamie Richards) #33

Cohesion3D developer should be here later today to better assist you. Stepper motors are something I’m still studying. One thing that would help is if you can try using LightBurn to jog 100mm in each axis and measure how much the head actually travels. Utilizing a ruler and some tape to mark the start and stop points can help.

(Masoud Alavi) #34

Hi Jamie

In this test I using LightBurn to jog 10mm.
The teeth Jumped from A to B after a few attempts moved the head.
After C could not move the head any more.

I hope this is understandable :slight_smile:

(Masoud Alavi) #35

I can move the the head as you can see here with writing coordinates in LB.

Let’s take a step back and handle things one step at a time. Please reload Smoothie firmware on your board. You will need to grab fresh files, they are here:

Now, please test and answer very simply these questions:

1. Your videos show that homing works properly, it goes to the rear left corner, touches, backs off, touches again, and stops. Is this correct?

2. Is your origin set correctly? The origin really is the front left. I know the homing switches are in the rear left. You're not special

3. If you jog 100mm in each axis, does the head actually move 100mm?

(Masoud Alavi) #37

Hi

A) I did download “Smoothie firmware.bin and config.txt” from you link.
When I cheked my Memory Card after i tased out from C3D Board the fil changed to "FIRMWARE.CUR

1. Yes when I sinning the head home moving to rear left corner and looking like is okay.
    Normally the hed is in X 0 and Y 200 but not always.

2. My origin is the front left:

3. No… The head is not actually moving 100mm at Y-axis, but it moves correctly at X-axis (100mm).

Thanks

Ok, measure how much it actually moves. Is the movement smooth or jerky? A video of jogging Y would help.

(Jamie Richards) #39

Just out of curiosity, what is your mains voltage where you live?

(Masoud Alavi) #40

Hi
The standard voltage in Denmark is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.

(Jamie Richards) #41

Ah, ok. I guess if the switch was set to 110, it would fry the power supply. Was wondering for a minute if you had moved to a country with a different supply voltage.

Just checking in as I am still waiting for an answer to:

(Masoud Alavi) #43

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I had to listen carefully to K40 for to know her problems.

And my marriage was in danger of spending too much time with K40 :wink:

I figured it out it’s combination of speed (testing on LB software), acceleration (testing on C3D SD card / config.txt) and Y axis Belts (on K40)

I will get back to you soon.
Thanks

closed #46

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.