Speeds for vector cuts. Lightburn

Hi all!,

First off, thank you for all the great posts. It has helped me a bunch before my first post today.

Machine: K40 Frankenstein

Board: New C3D

Firmware: _Smoothie "I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with.

Problem/ Question: I have everything working. The issue is the speed. I know this board is capping me at some speed, like 350mm/sec or something. I’m running the newest Lightburn. Since the firmware is SW, I can’t use the $$ to configure the machine setting. I have just edited the config file on the sd card and reinserted it into the board. I can post my file when I get home. My question is when I run a vector fill layer in Lightburn, I don’t think the speed is what I’m trying to send. If I set it to say 300mm/sec the job takes 22 minutes. If I set it to 200mm/sec it takes 24 minutes. Any suggestions? I can’t upload a photo yet, new user and all. I have set my speeds accordingly to the setup instructions and dialed everything back so no steps would be skipped. All V-Refs are set so thing don’t over heat or over drive the drivers. Y is set to .8 and X is set to 1. I have not engraved a raster yet so I don’t know if that changes anything. If I move the machine with the manual control is hauls butt, but under a job it seems slow. I don’t necessarily want to go fast because I need slower speeds to get the depth of burn deeper. Oh and the clustering is turned on. Thanks!!

I think I can add pics now.

Well I figured that out. Max speed was set to 12,000. That’s 200mm/sec. I changed it to 24,000mm/min or 400mm/sec.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.