Smoothie homing with Laserboard

Machine: K40

Board: C3D Laserboard

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question: I’ve connected NC switches to the Laserboard’s Xmin and Ymin connectors. When I use the “Home” button in Lightburn, the X-axis starts to move to X0 and will stop when the X-axis limit switch is pressed (I haven’t mounted the limit switches until I know they’re working correctly). However, the Y-axis doesn’t move in any direction and when I press the Y-axis limit switch, nothing happens. According to the Smoothie config.txt file, all axes should home at the same time (e.g. the #homing_order line is remarked out, which is the default). I don’t understand why the X-axis moves when I press “Home” in Lightburn, but the Y-axis doesn’t move and its limit switch doesn’t do anything? Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

First, you should use the M119 command on Smoothie firmware to test the endstops being read, as explained here: https://lasergods.com/testing-k40-endstops-with-lightburn/

… is what I would normally answer with.

What I then realized is that you said you hooked up to Y min. We hook up to Y max by default. So if your K40 will have a switch in the rear for Y as it does stock, then you should connect to Y min. Then do M119 :slight_smile:

Hi, Ray,
That was the ticket…connecting to Ymax instead of Ymin. Both switches are working as expected now and all I have to do is figure out where and how to mount them. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.