Settings question

Machine: chinese laser with 400x600 co2 laser with nano m2 board

Board: replaced the board with cohesion’s board

Firmware: don’t know

Problem/ Question: I am trying to get better precision. I noticed that a small circle has overshoot at each quadrant and/or irregularities. I tried putting a little bit more tension on the belts. That didn’t seem to help much. Then I noticed that after stopping from a rapid speed movement the laser head vibrates for a moment. I would like to test with decreasing rapid speed or try different acceleration speeds. Where can I change these settings? In lightspeed I found edit>device settings >basic settings but couldn’t find it there. Next to it is a tab additional settings with exactly the settings I would like to adjust, but these only influence simulation timing.

(Btw I tried to upload a pic of the additional settings screen, but wasn’t allowed as new user)

There is a file config.txt on the SD card installed in the laserboard. Edit that and you can change the settings you need.

Thnx I will have a look

Is it safe to lower alpha and beta acceleration values?

yes, i suggest starting at 500mm/sec^2 then increasing it in increments of 100 until it starts losing steps again, then back it off 150 from that point.

thnx! That’ll work

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.