Rotary settings?

Machine: K40

Board: LaserBoard

Firmware: I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came wirh

Problem: having issues when trying to use the rotary on a tumbler. Using lightburn im enabling the rotary using A-axis and using the correct roller diameter and object diameter but getting some funky results

Hi Giovanny, I’ll assume you’ve walked through our rotary setup guide, but just in case I’ll drop the link here:

Could you post an image of the design you are trying to etch so we can see what it should look like?

Also, did you purchase the rotary or is it a DIY version?

I got the rotary from holgamods. The stepper motor has a 1.8 step angle with a 2:1 gear ratio. I’m trying to do a 1 inch square( now) to test and its still not coming out right

Etching a square is a good test. Can you post a photo of the result?

It might help to see your config file so we can check on the values you’ve adjusted.

To post the config file in a reply here please surround it with 3 backticks (that’s the key at the top left of your keyboard where the tilde is) like so:

```
paste your config file here
```

It will make the code nicely formatted like this...
# A axis
delta_steps_per_mm         157.5        # may be steps per degree for example
delta_step_pin             2.3           # Pin for delta stepper step signal
delta_dir_pin              0.22          # Pin for delta stepper direction
delta_en_pin               0.21          # Pin for delta enable
delta_current              0.6             # Z stepper motor current
delta_max_rate             12000         # mm/min
delta_acceleration         1000          # mm/sec²

Alternatively, you may paste the config file to Pastebin, Dropbox, or Google Drive and provide the link here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.