Rotary issue on a k40

Machine: k40
Board:cohesion 3d mini

Firmware: _Smoothie

Problem/ Question:
Need some help just installed a rotary using the cohesion 3d mini board. Followed the instructions from the website and used the files from lasergods website.

The rotary will turn but when I home move the y axis it jerks to the home position. when i try to move it using the arrow keys in lightburn it will move but jerk and and make noise. The x axis moves fine.

I can put a little pressure fwd or back on the rail it will move and the motor has a small amount of power.

There are settings for max speed that you may need to change, consult this guide:

I’m honestly not even sure what’s in these files, but I can tell you that using our files and manually adding in the delta section may be a better starting point. Your board corresponds to a batch 2 board, but you can use batch 3 files, just know that we changed the screen buzzer pin so you may have a constantly on buzzer if the screen is connected until you change that pin number.

Here is an example block you can add to a C3D Mini config:

# A axis
delta_steps_per_mm 100    # may be steps per degree for example
delta_step_pin     2.3  # Pin for delta stepper step signal
delta_dir_pin      0.22 # Pin for delta stepper direction
delta_en_pin       0.2 # Pin for delta enable
delta_current      1.2    # Z stepper motor current
delta_max_rate     3000.0 # mm/min
delta_acceleration 500.0  # mm/sec²
1 Like

Thanks for the info.
Looks like everything is moving now.
When I do wire up the z bed will I need to change anything else in the config file?
I used the batch 3 file.
Not sure about the buzzard part I have a GLCD display Not sure if i will hook it back up or not. where would the pin be located and what should it be changed to?

ill have to mess with it more this weekend have a bunch of wire clean up to do.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.