R1dd1ck's K40 upgrades

(Chris Pembleton) #1

Hey all! This is where I am going to show off and keep track off all the upgrades I have done to the K40 I have. I will keep this first post updated with a list of mods as things get improved. Thanks for looking. Any questions please ask! Thanks.

(Chris Pembleton) #2

First modification to my K40 was to shorten the exhaust duct. I might have cut it to short or maybe I didn’t. Either way I got the clearance I needed.

(Chris Pembleton) #3

So right of the bat I saw the need for air assist and a different bed. So I 3d printed a nozzle and order a air pump. This is a temporary bed that I am using tell I can build a motorized Z bed.

(Chris Pembleton) #4

This next upgrade is what has brought us all together here. The choesion3d replacement board. First picture is what I ordered and the 2nd is it in the system and being tested.

(Chris Pembleton) #5

So now with the new electronics and the addition of a screen. It was time for a new control panel as the digital one just sucks in my option. So I ordered an used K40 control panel that had the mA gauge and what not. So here is version 1 and 2 of my control panel that I am using on my current setup. After v2 I added some RGB leds. They help me to remember that I left stuff on. Then came v2.2 I guess. I changed the laser test button and installed an larger mA gauge. Still reads to 30 its just physically larger.

(Chris Pembleton) #6

My next step after verifying my cohesion 3d install worked with the other stock electronics was to add in a dedicated 24volt power supply.