Possibly upgrading my K40 laser board

I just recently bought a used K40 laser and I was thinking about upgrading the board to use lightburn. It doesn’t seem to be a standard nano2 board and was wondering what would need to be changed to install the cohesion board? I know I can’t upload pictures as a new user but the model # is 6C6879-Laser-M2:5

Chris

I have upgraded your trust level so you can upload pictures now.

Thank you. I attached a couple pictures of the board and one of the power supply.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum!

With some mild rewiring, it seems your machine is compatible.

The power plug (with 1 green wire and 3 blue wires) is a 6 pin variant, which we cover in this article:

The 4 pin connectors for the X and Y steppers (to the left of the power plug) and the 5 pin plug (on the far right) for your endstops all should be plug and play, as they appear to be the same as what is covered in our installation instructions:

We also recommend reading our Buyer’s Guide for more information:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Hi Starla,

Thank you for getting back to me. I had saw the 6 pin laser power guide you had posted but wasn’t sure how plug and play my particular board was. So from the guides and what you are saying the only thing I would need to do for rewiring is take the correct 2 wires and plug them into the cohesion board correct screw terminals. If that is all that really needs to be done that is great since I was worried about it being more complicated.

Hi Chris,

Yes, that should have you covered. The rest would just plug in as normal.

We’re here to help if you have any questions during the process.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.