Not homing far enough

Machine: Originally a K40 - Currently on a custom build from OpenBuilds using their Acro platform

Board: Cohesion3d

Firmware: Tbh not sure I dont have access to check right now

Problem/ Question: Before switching to the custom build the K40 would always home no problem at all. Now that I have all the electronics switched over to the new machine when I try to home it, it only moves about 5mm at a time. It will home if I continue to press home moving at ~5mm or so increments. I increased the size of the machine on the configuration but still not traveling far enough. What other configurations or settings in Lightburn would cause home to only move 5mm at a time.

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum!

If you are using Nema 17 stepper motors, you can increase your alpha and beta currents in the config file. Look at your stepper motor specs and increase if needed, just make sure the motors are not getting hot. More information: Changing Stepper Motor Currents

If that does not resolve the issue, please provide clear pictures of your machine, control panel, board, other electrical components, and wiring with the LaserBoard connected. We need to see how and where everything is connected.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.