New Lightburn Camera not showing a picture on Windows 10

Machine: K40

Board: C3D

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question: I was searching in the forums for potential solutions to the issue and non of the potential resolutions worked. The camera is recognized by windows (Windows 10) and it shows up in device manager. In Lightburn, I have the option to select the Lightburn Camera but I have no preview image. I also used the Camera app in Window 10 and I have no picture. My Logitech camera shows a display in both the Camera app and in Lightburn. I am not sure what else to do. Since I am a new user, I am unable to upload a screenshot.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum! I have upgraded your trust level so that you can now upload photos.

We are sorry to hear about your issues with the camera. Does it do the same thing on another computer?

For Windows 10, refer to this article: https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/getting-your-camera-to-work-in-the-hellscape-of-windows-10/

Also, try the below steps if you have already completed the above or it did not help.

In LightBurn Preferences, at the bottom is a setting for ‘Capture System’:

1. There are two options - Default and Custom
  2. Change the option from “Custom” to “Default”
  3. Restart LightBurn to make sure the change registers

Try again and see if the camera appears in Device Manager or Devices and Printers, and works properly in LightBurn.

Please let us know if any of these solutions resolve your issue.

Hi Starla,

I checked that Lighburn in in the list of allowed apps that have access to the camera, and Lightburn is showing that it has access. I rebooted the computer and still no luck. I tried running Lightburn in Windows 8 compatibility mode and still nothing. I changed the camera options from “Custom” to “Default” and tried again. This time Lighburn has an image, but it is all black as indicated in the screenshot below. I am having the same results when I try another computer (laptop) also running Windows 10. The camera image is just a black square. I tested the built-in camera on the laptop, and the image appears as it should.

Thank you for confirming, Rob. Please Contact Us with a link to this thread so we can review further and make arrangements.

Starla,

Contact form has been submitted along with my order number and the link to this thread.

Thank you for the assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.