Multi job issue

Machine: K40

Board:cohesive3d

Firmware: _Smoothie, believe what the board. Omes with.

Problem/ Question: Anyone else have an issue with the light burn software and the cohesion3d board not being able to do multiple jobs? I can turn everything on and send a easy circle cut to the laser and its cuts fine. Try to send it again and the laser will start to cut and move about 1/4" then stop and home itself.

Sounds like USB disconnects - try a different cable, and if possible, a different computer. If that doesn’t solve it make sure all the ground connections are tight inside your machine.

Well after the third cable, I think I’ve found a cable that works. Ran over 30 small jobs without a problem.

The “first job works fine and then the second job fails” itself is not the issue, but probably coinciding with a disconnect issue as loather says, due to poor quality USB cable, USB Power Save on the computer turning on, or something like an air compressor/ fridge/ other inductive load on the same AC circuit as the laser/ C3D board kicking on.

If you continue to have issues, those are the things we should investigate in your setup.

This is also a good resource:

And the USB Cable that comes with the K40 is very bad and can cause issues, for sure.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.