Minimum wiring for C3D Mini

Machine: replace this text with what machine you have and what controller it came with

Board: C3D mini

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question: What is the minimum wiring required to test x and y movement on the board?

I gave the glcd hooked up, 24vdc, x and y stepper, and ends tops.

Do I need to add a ground as well that would normally go to the lpsu? If so, will a simple wire to the ground on the 24v psu work? I don’t want to hook up the lpsu yet if I can help it. I’m trying to test and new Gantry and don’t have the laser installed yet.

Can you post some pictures of what is currently wired and your setup? That will help us answer your questions more successfully.

For your main question, no, you don’t need the Laser PSU connected to test movement.

I’ll have to take a picture on Monday when I get back to the office, but essentially my setup looks like the below pic with two exceptions. I do not have the plug with the blue wires plugged in as this goes to the LPSU. I have my 24VDC coming in via the two blue screw terminals up by the drivers. I haven’t actually powered anything as of yet, because I wanted to make sure I didn’t need the LPSU for anything.

2 posts were split to a new topic: C3D Mini Rotary Setup

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.