Max amperage output for C3D Laserboard stepper drivers

(Rob) #1

Machine: I stripped down a K40 and mounted the components to an Acro 1510 table

Board: C3D Laserboard

Firmware: GRBL-LPC

Problem/ Question: I am running dual Y steppers on this larger frame as it is 1300 X 800 mm. I need to know 2 things:

1. The Nema 17’s I am using use 1.7A, will a single driver run 1 Nema 17 without issue?
  2. If so, is the a jumper configuration I can use to convert A or Z to mirror the original Y axis?

(Rob) #2

Also, is there documentation somewhere that shows the pin diagram for the new Laserboard?

Our drivers are set to max 1.2 amps (as in, that’s the max value you can put in the config file) which is the rms value, not the peak value.

Steppers are usually rated based on peak, but not always.

1.2a rms equals roughly 1.7a peak.

In short, you should be fine. These drivers are friggin powerful regardless of the math.

You can mirror over if you want. Move the 3 shunt-jumpers for slave axis 4 over to the left column.

In either case, whether you slave in driver 4 or connect both motors in parallel to the Y driver, you should decrease the max speeds and accelerations in the board config.

(Rob) #4

Thank you for the response. I had the laser connected through an Arduino Uno and mirrored A and Y and it worked well for travel. I will move that jumper and set A up to mirror Y.

Thank you again!