Lightobject z table

Machine: K40

Board: Cohesion3d Laserboard

Firmware: “I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with”

Problem/ Question: sorry for what is probably a stupid question, I’m very new to lasers mainly used a cnc until now. I purchased a K40 and replaced the board with the cohesion3d laserboard also purchased the lightobject Z table. From what I can find it seems its pretty much plug and play from what I could tell. If this is not the case please let me know. Also what connector do I need to purchase to connect the stepper motor on the Z table to the laserboard i known its a 4 pin but that’s about it

Hi Giovanny, welcome to the forum!

Is there a connector for the stepper motor on the Z table? (Maybe you can post a photo of it.) It should fit the pins on the Z connector you have pictured, or alternately you can connect stripped wire ends to the screw terminals right above the Z connector.

Thanks I was not sure if the terminals where for the z axis as well thanks that will be easy enough!

The “standard” connector to go on that header is a DuPont Mini-PV 2.54mm box connector. They’re sold commonly as ‘DuPont connectors’ though many you’ll find today are clones. They’ve been produced by many companies over the years.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.