LightObject Z table correct config.txt settings

Machine: K40

Board: Laserboard

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question:

Can someone please provide the correct config.txt settings for a Light Object Z Table connected to the Laserboard? I have found multiple forum posts that describe possible settings for an unknown generic z table but no post that provides correct settings for a Light Object Z table.

More info:

• I currently have the default settings for the config.txt except I have changed gamma_steps_per_mm from 157.575 to 3169 as that seems to be correct value (measured with digital calipers)
  • The z axis stepper is connected directly to Laserboard.
  • The z axis limit switch is at the bottom of the table.

Problems I’m having:

• Selecting “Home All Axes” in Laserboard display with knob homes X and Y correctly and moves Z a tiny amount (maybe 1mm) then stops and does nothing more. It does not move to the z limit switch.
  • Sending G28.2 Z using Lightburn seems to do nothing.

This is extremely confusing…

Which way is up? which way is down? Which way is up/down supposed to be? Why can’t I home?

I’m really frustrated… Can someone give me a simple baseline config.txt for a Light Object Z table so I can start from there? Thanks in advance!

Hi Aaron, let’s try to figure out what is going on. We’ll assume you’ve been through our guide to setting up a Z table, but you can you confirm you’ve read through it?

Next, can you answer the following questions?

1. Where do you have your Z axis limit switch plugged into the LaserBoard?
  2. Have you made any changes to the stock config file besides the gamma_steps_per_mm?
  3. Have you run the M119 test for the endstops?
  4. Can we see your config file?

For testing the endstops, here’s an explanation of the process:

If you can paste the results of the endstop tests in a reply, we can see what your Z endstop is doing.

To post the config file in a reply here please surround it with 3 backticks (that’s the key at the top left of your keyboard where the tilde is) like so:

```

paste your config file here

```

It will make the code nicely formatted like this
This is Line 2
I might be enjoying this var when (I say I am)

Alternatively, you may paste the config file to Pastebin, Dropbox, or Google Drive and provide the link here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.