Lightburn does not work

Machine: preenex k40

Board: cohesion 3d laserboard

Firmware: _Smoothie or GRBL-LPC? “I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with”

Problem/ Question: So today I finished my setup which I believe is correct on my k40. Lightburn recognizes my machine but nothing works. No movement and when I load a cut and try to start it or home it the software hangs up saying not responding. I wonder if it’s because my end stop wiring is wrong? Not sure what to do.

Ok when I unplug the end stops I can move the x and y axis in lightburn. Now I cant home. This all started cause my 4 pin endstops pulled out. Now when I plug into those pins I lose usb connection to the board and 1 red light stays on.

1 Like

Are you sure you have the endstops plugged in correctly? A clue is that if unplugged, you can move X&Y.
Fred

Is there a diagram somewhere for rewiring the endstops?

The default configuration that we ship for the K40 expects endstops plugged into X Min and Y Max. It does not look like your endstops are plugged into the correct ports.

You should also find this helpful:

Ray. You are amazing. Its homing now. I hope I can engrave something right. Thank you so very much!!

1 Like

Glad to hear it. Would you be able to get me a similar “after” picture that I can use for documentation?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.