Lightburn camera calibration issues (Now won't home correctly at all)

Machine: K40 came with M2 board.

Board: Cohesion board with stock firmware.
Firmware: Cohesion board with stock firmware.

Edit: M119 test,
First is manually homed, the second is manually moved towards front right (out of home position).
M119

X_min:1 Y_max:1 Z_min:1 pins- (X)P1.24:1 (X)P1.25:1 (Y)P1.26:1 (Y)P1.27:1 (Z)P1.28:1 (Z)P1.29:1

ok

ok

M119

X_min:0 Y_max:0 Z_min:1 pins- (X)P1.24:0 (X)P1.25:1 (Y)P1.26:1 (Y)P1.27:0 (Z)P1.28:1 (Z)P1.29:1

ok

ok

Problem/ Question: Greetings, I have upgraded my new K40 (new Cohesion board, lightburn camera and mA meter) and cannot get the camera to calibrate. I tested it, before the upgrades, with k40 whisperer and it ran smoothly. I cannot get it to home correctly now. This seems to have started after I did the camera install. As I upgraded, I would add one component then test. All was well until I added the camera as the final component. It no longer homes and crashes the head when I try to burn.

I can calibrate the camera lens without problems. It is when I try to calibrate camera alignment that my issue comes up. After I position my test paper, I hit frame and the laser head crashes in an up and right direction. If I try to burn it does the same thing.

I have the origin set to lower left in the device settings.

Any information is appreciated by this newbie. Thanks for your time.

Hi Ray, welcome to the forum!

Just to confirm, were you able to properly home your laser and run jobs after you installed the LaserBoard (but before you installed the camera)?

Have you made any changes to the the supplied config file?

Are you saying clicking the home button does not move the head to the rear left corner of the machine and touch the switches and then stop moving?

If you are seeing some other behavior, could you shoot a video showing it, then post it to YouTube or another site and provide the link here for us to review?

Also, for the camera alignment calibration you’ll need to be in Absolute Coords mode in LightBurn.

(Thanks for the note about adding things one at a time and testing after each change. That’s definitely the best way to do a multipart upgrade.)

Thanks Pete,
I verified that I was in absolute coords. It was not and that has solved my camera issues (short of where to mount the camera itself, the previous location interferes with the laser head with hood down, that I shall build a mount for).

I decided to start from the beginning again this morning and it has worked out. I have the camera issues sorted now. It turned out that the grinding was the steppers skipping. I read through the forums and followed the steps to increase stepper current and it solved all other issues.

Thanks a lot for the input.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.