Lcd Screen goes crazy

Hi I just installed my board with the lcd control panel on my k40. Flashed the latest firmware from Dec. When I Hit the laser test switch the screen goes berserk and sometimes just goes blank and won’t do anything till i disconnect the power and plug it back on Any ideas? I checked all connections and the connection of the smaller board already.

Hi Kirk,

Does it look like this?

This scrambled screen is typically an indication of electrical interference, specifically inside the cabinet where the board and wiring is. It is worth making sure that the machine is properly grounded.

The LPSU is a particularly large source of electrical noise / interference, so you’ll want to make sure that the 2 ribbon cables going to the GLCD are tucked away as much as possible from that and any other wires, especially the high voltage wire from the LPSU.

Some people have had good results with protecting the ribbon cables with an EMI / EMF shielded foil (or aluminum foil).

When it goes blank, try hitting the Reset button on the right side of the LaserBoard to reboot the GLCD.

RST_PLAY

If you continue to experience issues, please provide clear pictures of your machine, control panel, board, other electrical components, and wiring with the LaserBoard connected. We need to see how and where everything is connected.

1 Like

Thank you so very much for your assistance! Yes that is pretty much what was going on with mine. You’re suggestions are working for me thus far! Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.