Laserboard resets mid-job

Machine: Generic 9060 that originally had M2Nano board.

Board: Laserboard

Firmware: “I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with”

Problem/ Question:
I have a problem that the machine will stop and reset (and move back to the home position) on what seems like random occasions during a laser job. I never had this problem with the stock M2Nano board.

I also notice that if I use the AC motor to drive the laser bed up or down, that the laser will also reset in this manner. This also happens if I use the AC motor on the 6040 machine that’s next to the 9060 (and thus connected to the same electrical outlet).

I could live with this if it only happened while using the AC motor, but stopping 45 minutes into a 75 minute job is harder to swallow :slight_smile:

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Hi Joachim,

Are you using a high quality USB cable? You may also try isolating your machine to it’s own circuit/outlet without any other appliances and away from other potential EMI emitting devices. There are some other tips for dropouts/brownouts while running the laser. Try these out and let us know if you’re able to isolate your issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.