Laser Switch Constantly Fires Laser ver2

Machine: K40 came with M2 nano

Board: Laserboard

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question: Repost of a thread from May that has been closed. I did a search but didn’t find anything that was exactly my issue that had any helpful answers. I installed my new Cohesion board in a k40 I have had for some time. Now the laser switch constantly fires the laser. The test button doesn’t do anything when the laser switch is off (cant tell if it works when on as the laser is constantly on). Lightburn seems to run the file normally, but doesn’t fire the laser, unless the laser switch is on, which again makes it fire constantly, even when no file is running. I posted previously about his and was told to check the continuity of the test button. It is operating correctly and not shorted at rest. I also checked the laser switch for proper operation.

For additional context, I tried to install the board back in may with the same issue. When I couldn’t get it to work I put the m2 nano back in and it has worked great since then. Now that orders have slowed down, I tried again with the same issue. I tried disconnecting the test button, same result. I replaced the power supply with the one from another unit, same result. I have checked the wiring about 5 times. I even cut the connector off and wired in to the screw terminals. It has to be the board.

I can’t upload photos as a “new user”.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.