Laser Power Control by C3D Question

Machine: K40 Digital

Board: C3D
Firmware: “I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with” is also a great answer!_

Question: I have followed the instructions and used the drop in replacement. I have the end stops, the x and y axis and the laser power all plugged in. My question is if I need to do anything else for the LightBurn software and C3D board to control power. I have been looking around the forum and see that the two are supposed to control it but nothing specific on if I need to make changes other then what I have, or if I need specific settings on the digital circuits. I apologize for creating a new topic, I was just not able to find the answer in the other topics. Thanks for any help.

Hello,
If I understand your comments correctly, No you don’t have to change any other wiring for power.
However weather you have the digital or analog display all you need to do is set the power to 15 Ma and the laser board will take it from there and you can just change power percentage from lightburn directly

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your response. I ordered everything to be able to adjust the power and read it properly without the digital meter. This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much.

no problem! hope it works. good luck

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.