Laser not reco

Machine: K40 M2nano

Board:Cohesion 3dmini

Firmware:I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with

Problem/ Question: The board is in and machine fires up, the only light that shows up on the board is the red VMOT the pc says usb device malfunction, windows stopped the device as it detected a problem, the board/ laser machine was working ok a couple of days ago, i was looking into setting up a rotary and the machine wasnt recognised.

ofc i have the power cable to the board unplugged as it wouldnt reach operating system win 7, this is my 2nd laser with the exact setup and works fine.

Let’s try a few things to see if the board will start up properly.

Unplug all the cables from the board and power it from the 24 volt power supply. Do you get the same results, just the one red LED?

If you still get just the one red LED, power off, remove the stepper driver modules, and try to power it on again. Any difference?

Please try those two things and reply to this post.

Also, do you have a multimeter? If you have one available we might be able to offer a few more suggestions if it still isn’t starting up properly.

1 Like

Ok thanks Pete will try now and reply

ok unplugged all cables and powered with 24v and still only has the red light, i then removed the stepper driver modules and powered on and still only the red light

Carole, do you have a multimeter so you can try a few more tests?

i have been given one but i havent got a clue how to use one

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.