Laser begins to offset on image

Machine: _Ten High 40Watt

Board: _laser board
Firmware: _Smoothie
Problem/ Question: _I just installed the laserboard and when I am trying to get my settings dialed in my image keeps shifting and the speed is very slow in comparison.

Hi Jeffery, if you’re just getting started, make sure you have enabled Smoothie Clustering in LightBurn.

The page linked below has more details and a screenshot showing where you need to enable it.

In LightBurn select Device Settings in the Edit menu or click the wrench and screwdriver icon in the toolbar. On the right side under Other Options turn on Enable Smoothie Clustering .

The other issue to note is that you are using the “Pass-Through” option in LightBurn. Maybe you dithered the image before importing it into LightBurn? Note that Pass-Through will use the resolution of the image you import, so if the resolution is high (over 254 DPI) it will definitely take a while for the job to run since it’s try to etch at a much higher resolution.

Are you seeing these issues with speed or shifting with other images, or if you just create a square shape directly in LightBurn and try to etch that?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.