K40 does not follow what is prepared in Light Burn

Machine: K40

Board: Cohesion3D LaserBoard

Firmware: _Smoothie 1.0.04 (Lightburn version)

Problem/ Question: I am working to set up this K40 and not able to reliably burn/cut anything. While it homes perfectly and knows how to get to the origin, the laser head does not honor the position of where the object resides within Lightburn. Often the laser will move erraticly during a burn and make a mess of things.

I have set the bed size to 200x300 and can manually move about the space. I had to clean and lube most of the laser during initial set up to get smooth transfer of the laser head. The attached example is of a square in the middle of the field nut the laser will only trace something towards the left side of the field.

The laser moves and operates smoothly but does not go where it is supposed to go. This has become increasingly furstrating and any help will be appreciated! Please let me know what else I can add to this post to assist.
Jason W.
LightBurnLog.txt (2.6 KB) config.txt (28.4 KB)

OK - let’s get some screenshots of what you see in ligthburn vs. pictures of what the machine’s doing, that should help us diagnose what’s going on.

Thanks for the reply! After staying up way too long last night I was able to figure it out. I had the X axis belt too tight and the 4 guide wheels were too tight as well. I created a binding situation which caused the laser head to not be able to travel where it needed too. Now it is snug but glides smoothly!

Thanks again for the reply.

Jason

1 Like

Excellent - glad you figured it out. Too tight is definitely a problem! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.