Just wish to be sure about the configuration

Machine: standard k40 with NanoM2

Board: cohesion3d lasee board

Firmware: _Smoothie

Problem/ Question:

1st of sorry this if this post is in the wrong section I wasn’t sure if it was to be here or the cohesion3d rotary section. However being that my rotary attachment is not from cohesion3d I opted for here.

I have installed (with a few modifications) the TLC rotary attachment and have also read as much as I can without over complicating things for myself or over thinking everything. And only wish to be sure before I proceed further before actually running it.

The rotary attachment has a simple Nema17 steeper motor (see pic 1) with the following specs:

Model: 17HS4401S bipolar 4 wire ( Black A+, Green A-, Red B+, Blue B-)

Micro stepping of 1.8 degrees per step and 200 steps per revolution

high torque 42Ncm (60oz.in)

1.5 amps *(although I do believe it has a peak of 1.7 not sure though)

My question is this. … after reading the several posts and watching many YouTube videos and deciphering what I could from all of it.

I have determined that aside from ticking the box for rotary attachment use in the lightburn software itself and making sure its connected to the A slot on the c3d board. Then I should not have to change, edit or add anything in the configuration file on the SD card.

Is this correct? Or must I edit the configuration file?
And if any editing is required. Then are there any suggestions on what to do in that file?

Sadly right now at this time when it comes to the configuration file I still can become easily confused, frustrated and dumbfounded after of which, I then become hyper determined and generally 3 days down that rabbit hole i either resolve it on my own or just really screw things up beyond ridiculous.

So simply put in an effort to avoid the Mad Hatters tea party, I thought I’d change things up a bit with my normalcy and ask first. :sweat_smile:

Always with thanks in advance

Madison Rae

Did you provide those pictures? We need pictures to understand your setup!

Hi Madison,

Our Rotary Setup guide should help determine the input needed for the configuration file, such as steps per mm, max rate, acceleration, and current values for the delta settings. There is also a helpful link at the bottom of that document which goes through setup in LightBurn.

If needed, we will be happy to help with editing the config file once you know what the values are for your specific rotary setup. Just post it in the reply and surround it with 3 backticks (the key at the top left of your keyboard where the tilde is) like so:

Paste your current config file here

(Alternatively, you may paste the config file to Pastebin, Dropbox, or Google Drive and provide the link here.)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.