Issue with Air Assist Relay

Machine:K40
Board:Cohesion3d Laserboard

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question:I purchased the relay for the blower and air assist. I connected the red and black wires correctly to the green terminal on the relay and the plugged the connector correctly into the cohesion3d board. I cannot get lightburn to automatically switch on the air assist when cutting. I even checked the config file to ensure that the setting were correct for m106 and m107.

Hi Steven,

Can you clarify if you are intending to run an exhaust fan (blower) and air assist or only air assist?

Please provide pictures of your machine, board, other electrical components, and wiring.

Please provide a copy of your configuration file for review. Copy and paste it in a reply with 3 backticks ``` above and below the content or paste the contents to Dropbox, Google Drive, or Pastebin and provide the link here.

haven’t been able to get the config file as of yet.

Sorry haven’t been able to get the config file yet, but that

Only trying to have the air assist activate when cutting. The blower is on all the time on a seperate power strip.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the photos. It looks like your connector may be upside down. Try rotating it and let us know if that fixes the issue.

Thank you for your reply. It was indeed plugged in upside down. So embarrassing but I’m glad it’s fixed now. Thank you again.

2 Likes

No worries, Steven. I had a similar experience yesterday evening. Glad you got it working! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.