How to Update Origin

Machine: K40 Digital

Board: C3D

Firmware: “I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with” is also a great answer!_

Question: Hello, I have read the instructions I have seen in a few places and I am not having any luck. I have gone into the Settings in Lightburn from its menu on device settings and the driver settings. I have set my cut size to 230 and 320 which are comfortable size with still some extra room in my case for movement. I have save and restarted and no matter what I do, it still goes to the same spot for Origin, which is the same as 0,200. I look at the size and it sees my 230, 320 but origin does not match it.

Thanks for any help.

You also have to modify the config file on the SD card in the Laserboard. For example, I calibrated the movement scaling and the Y-dimension of the upper-left home position as shown in the snippet below. You can edit the relevant parameters directly where you find them in the config file, but I prefer to leave the default entries and add my overrides at the end, since the last definition governs. That way I have a single point to look for all my custom settings, plus I can confidently move the custom settings to new versions of the config file without wondering if I missed any.

#CUSTOM PARAMETER MODS FOR K40 ENGRAVER

alpha_steps_per_mm                           157.700          # Steps per mm for alpha stepper             8-7-2019
beta_steps_per_mm                            158.100          # Steps per mm for beta stepper              8-7-2019
beta_max                                     223.7            # Y-Axis table size / origin position        8-7-2019

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I opened the config file and found the alpha and beta values. Adjusting those made all the difference in the world. Thank you. Now my manual setting or origin works as well. I have a few test projects working out so far so good. I love both Lightburn and the C3D Board.

Thanks again.