Homing to the Rear Right

My laser with the M2 Nano board homes to the rear-right. I’ll be installing the C3D board this Friday, where can I learn how to change the config file to make sure the laser homes correctly?

That’s a slightly loaded question with a few different ways to go about it :slight_smile:

Can you show me pics of your machine, endstops with location, and the board and wiring?

Hello, the following are images per your request:
(let me know if you need any other pictures)

My laser engraver machine:

The existing M2 Nano board:

And the rear-right homing position with the mechanical homing switch:

We were traveling the past week for a trade show and are presently recovering and catching up on support inquiries. Thank you for your patience.

You can wire to the new board exactly as in our instructions.

When you first power up and connect to LightBurn, you can do this to test that the X endstop is actually wired and reading as X, and same for Y:

Then, you can change the alpha_min_endstop pin to that of alpha_max_endstop (since X is homing to max in your case) and vice versa.

You’ll also need to set the correct bed size for alpha_maxand beta_max

You should find a good amount of this FAQ article relevant:

Thanks for the homing information. I had figured out the config file settings but the extra LightBurn info will be helpful. I still haven’t installed the board. I mostly do raster engraving and speed is critical. I have been reading recently that my speed will be significantly slower using the Cohesion3D board - is that true? I don’t want to go down a rabbit hole of configuration & settings if it doesn’t work out, on the other hand it would be great to use LightBurn and have more control compared to my current setup with the M2 Nano board and also hoping to stop the frequent USB drop-outs that have been happening on longer projects lasting more than 10 minutes raster engraving time.

It is explained here: GRBL-LPC for Cohesion3D LaserBoard

So you can use that alternate GRBL-LPC firmware on the C3D board but the screen won’t work.

We have also fixed the slow raster engraving limit in Smoothie and it is currently in internal testing. I hesitate to give a firm ETA, but maybe in a few weeks if testing goes well. So that should allow you to raster fast and use the GLCD screen.

Looking forward to the potential for improving speed on raster engraving in Smoothie - it would be wonderful to have all the functionality plus speed. I’ll keep my eyes out for your updates on that release.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.