Homing sensors acting erraticaly

Hi,

You can find about my configuration in this previous:
Homing sensors not working (properly) + laserhead moving weirdly (video)

Lately, my Y homing sensor is acting erracticaly, and the homing is not done properly, creating misplacements while engraving.

No idea what it could be

Video here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qYAozH2eYaGuDYaS7

Thank you for your help.

Does it home to the right position when you first power it on or does it only do that after it’s commanded to home through software?

Hey, thank you for your help.

Actually, none of these options.
The laser head is not homing when the machine is powered up.
It’s only trying to home when Lightburn is launched.
And right now, it’s ony homing correctly to the X-axis but it does not want to home to the Y-axis, acting like it’s already fixed on the Y-axis but it’s not (exactly like on the video).

You can also see that the Y-axis is has still its LED on, indicating that’s it’s not homed. The light goes off once there is a contact.

I really not understand why this is happening all of the sudden.

with M119, after pushing the homing button in Lightburn (but not the homing was not done correctly on the Y-axis), I get this:

X_min:1 Y_max:1 Z_min:1 pins- (X)P1.24:1 (X)P1.25:1 (Y)P1.26:1 (Y)P1.27:1 (Z)P1.28:1 (Z)P1.29:1

When putting a piece of metal in front of the Y-axis sensor, I get the same result

My ignorant head put the pieces back together and found a solution.

When I had to setup the homing sensors, I had to unwire and wire cables AND remove the glue around it to have access.
It seems that the Y-axis wires were not correctly fixed and moved because of the vibrations, I’d guess.
I’ll add some glue around to make sure it does not get disconnected again.

It’s now fixed !

Thank you again.

Oh good :slight_smile: I was going to suggest checking the wiring of that limit switch but you beat me to it! That’s about the only thing I could think of based on the behavior in the video. The board thinks it’s sitting on the sensor, but it’s actually not. Either way I’m glad you tracked it down and got it working!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.