Graphic LCD Not Working

Machine: K40

Board: Laserboard

Firmware: Brand new Laserboard

Problem/ Question: I’ve upgraded from the laserboard mini to the latest laserboard and now my Graphic LCD seems to be experiencing issues. It was working just fine with the mini laserboard, and I haven’t changed any of my wiring around.

It is receiving power, but only shows a square of pixels that slowly fades. Changing the contrast pot doesn’t effect the issue. (I think the pot is working because I can change the square’s contrast)

Everything else works (laser is firing, connecting to LaserBurn, etc), only the Graphic LCD isn’t displaying text/info.

Here’s a gif.

The wiring might look funky, but it was just fine when connected to the mini laserboard.

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the images.

Try reversing the direction of the EXP1 connector, as it appears to be inserted backwards. It should look like the picture on the right.

image image

Please also provide an image of how the connectors are attached to the back of the GLCD board. It should look like this, with EXP1 on the left and EXP2 on the right, with the ribbons going down:

Even if it worked before with the way you had it connected, please try this and send new pics with the changes if you still experience issues.

Hi Starla, thanks for the help.

I’ve switched around the wiring to how you recommended, and unfortunately it’s still giving me the same issue. From what I can tell, the GLCD is getting power and running some sort of screen refresh, but after that point it’s “on” but not receiving any data. this is my guess, and could be absolutely incorrect

Here are a few photos of my current wiring. The GLCD shows exactly the same thing as I posted in the gif earlier.

Thanks!
Nick

Thanks for trying it, Nick! This is the first time I’ve seen this particular sort of screen behavior, so I’ll have to do a bit of research and get back to you on this.

Hi Nick,

Please Contact Us and reference this thread to arrange resolution.

Email has been sent. Thanks a lot for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.