Glcd stays blue and annoying beep is constant help!

Machine: blue and white k40 with digital touchpad and ribbon wire

Board: laser board
Firmware: I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with

Problem/ Question: Hi! just installed my laser board, checked and re checked wiring double checked SD card replace USB cable and cannot get LightBurn to recognize laser and i have the glcd screen for the board and it just lights up (no text) and has an annoying beep that wont stop ive also checked and rechecked the ribbon cables to no avail. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! -Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for posting to the forum.

Regarding the additional point in your email - LightBurn licenses are sent via email when we ship your order as part of the “Order Completed” email. If you cannot find this, please let us know and we can resend.

As for the issues you describe, please provide clear pictures of your board, machine, and wiring so that we can have a look.

i found the key for lightburn but iam having no luck with the blue screen and beeping or lightburn finding the laser thanks for any help! - Matt

What operating system? I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu on a mini PC and Lightburn couldn’t see my LaserBoard although I’ve had no problem with my Ubuntu laptop. Turns out I needed to add my user account to the dialout group. Of course this may not apply to your set up, but just throwing it out there in case it helps.

thanks im on mint so that might be my problem. im not familiar with dial out group what is that?

what user do i add and how? ifound dial out in the menu but dont understand what its for.

In a terminal enter the following command, and then reboot your PC.

sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER

When you reboot you can check it worked by using the groups command. You should see dialout in the list of groups associated with your user name.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.