GLCD operation and capabilities

Machine: Base K40 (short) 8x12 area

Board: Had M2Nano replaced with C3d

Firmware: _Smoothie

Problem/ Question: _Looking for a discussion of what can be done with the GLCD, I see it displaying some info (laser power, X, Y, and Z positions) but I am sure there is a lot that can be done with it. Would like to know more, but “experimenting” does not work for me, as I have no idea of what it can do or how to do it.
Thanks.
Fred

I reccommend pressing the rotary encoder like a button :wink: that’ll bring up the menu and is used for selecting items from the menu.

Described here: https://lasergods.com/c3d-mini-glcd-menu-tree/

I received my new board and display yesterday. I was surprised that there was no documentation with it. I came here to try to find any info on the GLCD screen, but there is really nothing. I bought the screen as my blue and white 80 watt Chinese laser didn’t come with one. I guess I’ll have to wait till tomorrow (after I install everything) to actually know what I can use it for.
If anyone has any info on it, please reply.
Thanks
Ray

Have you looked at the link above?

Thanks Chris,

yes I printed that out. I guess without seeing the screen, I don’t really understand it. Yesterday i did get the 3d board installed, and played around with lightburn and the laser a bit. I did not install the GLCD yet. I was just trying to get aquainted with everything one step at a time.
Also, the machine is stalling, so I am about to look for how to adjust the acceleration settings.
Once i have a good grasp at all that, i’ll hook up the GLCD
Ray