GLCD always on

Machine: K40 mini

Board: Cohesion3D Laserboard

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question: I just received a replacement glcd. It is always on instead of turning on and off with the K40 power switch. How do i get it to turn on and off with the K40 like the previous lcd did?

Did you provide those pictures? We need pictures to understand your setup!

Is the USB plugged into the computer? The GLCD might be getting its power from the usb port.

Normally the 5V lines from the USB port are decoupled from the system - there’s a jumper to control this close to the LCD header. It should be in the 5VREG position under normal operation.

i can tell its getting its power from the ac adapter for the laser board. The frst LCD i had only turned on when i powered on the laser. The replacement is always on when the laserboard adapter is plugged in. i didnt change anything with the board. i just unplugged the bad lcd and plugged in the new one.

the jumper is in the 5VREG position. i didnt change anythign with the board when i replaced the lcd so i would expect the same behavior

the controller (and hence the LCD) will be on as long as the power brick is powered. A lot of folks get a power strip, plug both the K40 and the Cohesion3D brick into it, then use the switch on the power strip to turn on and off their machines. The K40 power switch never would have turned off the LCD unless the laser power supply was powering the board instead of the supplied power brick.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.