GLCD Adapter

Has the GLCD adapter been discontinued? I can’t find it online anywhere where it’s not out of stock.

1 Like

In order to ensure the best user experience possible we only have the GLCD Adapter and Screen available together as a combo product and do not offer the adapter separately.

The only problem with that is that I ordered only the display from k40laser.se, now hawklaser, hoping that their adapter would be coming back into stock.

As a last effort I do have the equipment to make the adapter myself but i would need the schematics for which pins go where.

1 Like

Bumping this post, cause hawklaser isn’t responding either about when the item will be back in stock.

1 Like

3.5 years later… same situation.

IMHO, If Cohesion3d can’t provide GLCD+Board, he should make the pinout public…

1 Like

@Cohesion3D Ray, if you aren’t willing to stock it then you should at the very least release the pinout/diagram for it or the gerbers so people can further utilize their $265 dollar controller board. I’ve been fine without needing an LCD for years however, now I’m in a spot where I can’t easily connect my Cohesion3D board to my computer and need an LCD to make cuts untethered. Do right by your customers please…

Any luck on the pin outs or where to buy the board?

Very soon! Since my post 3 days ago I’ve received pinouts by two different people who probed their own adapters. I’ve already cloned the board, and it’s on order to be tested soon. When I verify that it works I’ll be posting everything here.

1 Like

The boards have come in and have been tested working. I’ve made it available on my github as well as OSH Park for ordering.

Cohesion3D GLCD Adapter Clone - Github

ORDER: C3D GLCD Adapter Clone - OSH Park

3 blank PCBs from OSHpark will cost you 5 dollars shipped to the US. You’ll need to grab the 3 parts for the adpater board and solder them on.

To use the adapter you should first edit the config.txt file located on the Cohesion3D SD card and swap pin numbers for panel.encoder_a_pin and panel.encoder_b_pin

panel.encoder_a_pin should be set to 3.26

panel.encoder_b_pin should be set to 3.25

The github repo also contains the pinout in case someone would like to direct wire an LCD to a single connector.

1 Like

Thanks for being the GOAT! Placed an order already! fyi githug link is 404.

1 Like

Whoops! Should probably make it public then huh? lol

1 Like

ordered 1 got 3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah OSHPark does multiples of 3 so you’ll end up with a couple to spare. Also there was a typo in my original post. The config file should be changed to swap the pins like so.

panel.encoder_a_pin should be set to 3.26

panel.encoder_b_pin should be set to 3.25