Here’s the photo dump: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ukp2udhk8tb6h6s/AAAFRrtw84HY-gtcASKcUxS6a?dl=0
Here are some quick thoughts as I scroll through it:
I unscrewed the right side panel. I had to pull one of the wires (it had a spade style connector) to the IEC plug in order to not put strain on it when I put the right panel all the way down on the table.
X and Y motors were easy - just take the wires out of the original screw terminal blocks and put them to the screw terminals on LaserBoard.
Endstops - the bundle of green and black wires all want to go to ground. You see them going to the ground on the power screw terminal at the top left corner of LaserBoard. As identified they are opto sensors which means there is an LED - I soldered I think 120 ohm resistors (feel free to check my color code) in series with the red wires then those went to 5v on the endstop row with dupont jumper wires. The white wires are the actual signals. They are wired to Sig on X Max and Y Max.
We need the green wire L to Laser Fire screw terminal and a Ground wire from the LPSU to Laser Gnd screw terminal. Since LaserBoard has its own power supply we do not want 24v or 5v from the LaserPSU.
Finally, the stock board had one very strange thing - you see the screw terminal plug next to the USB Jack? See that resistor across the 2 wires? They did something, perhaps a bit too clever, so I’m calling it weird. One of those wires - either the orange or blue one, is the return from the laser tube. It’s almost as if they were current sensing the actual firing amount of the tube on the stock board. The other wire is an LPSU ground. With that screw terminal block simply unplugged and left alone, it was arcing and the resistor caught on fire. We eventually figure it out. The orange to blue wire soldering was effectively directly connecting the laser tube return to LPSU ground.
I think the pink and orange wires getting soldered together had to do with bypassing some safety that was preventing the laser from firing. I honestly don’t remember.
I’ll have to dig up the config file. It will definitely involve tuning. I think I turned the speeds and accelerations down somewhat. I had to set both alpha (X) and beta (Y) to home_to_max and set the alpha_max and beta_max to the correct bed sizes. By no means a final configuration, but we were able to raster a bunny with it.