FSL gen 2 homing top right

Machine: FSL gen 2 or 3 with ribbon cable for x axis

Board: LaserBoard

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question: my machine homes to the top right with the default configuration file, but the x axis is flipped. When I change the alpha direction pin and the home to max setting the jog moves in the correct direction but the x axis will not home.

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for providing the additional details!

To confirm, you changed alpha_homing_direction to home_to_max and inverted the alpha_dir_pin to 0.5! in the configuration file?

Check that your Device Origin is set properly. In LightBurn, Edit > Device Settings and set the ‘Origin’ to the front left (lower) corner. This is separate from the homing location. Disable homing on startup in the LightBurn Device configuration. Then the head should not try to home when you connect in LightBurn and you can try jogging around.

Place the laser head in the center of the work area and power on. See if the head moves the correct way (left / right, and forward / back) as the jog buttons you are pressing in LightBurn. Are they moving as expected? Please report back with the results for each direction movement attempt.

That is correct, I set the alpha_dir_pin to 0.5! and the alpha_homing_direction to home_to_max. Joging moves the correct direction when controlled from LightBurn all 4 directions are working.

Also the Device Origin is set to the bottom left.

Thank you for confirming. Where are your endstops located in the work area? Can you provide a picture of your bed and the rails, please?

Here are the pictures.

Bump… any help would be great.

the pictures are below on this thread

Thanks for providing the pictures, Dan. I’m not seeing the endstops in the photos. Can you confirm where they are?

Since X is homing to max, if your endstops are in the rear right, you will need to swap the min and max endstop pins in the configuration file.

alpha_min_endstop                            1.25^            # add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
alpha_max_endstop                            1.24^            # NOTE set to nc if this is not installed

You may need to revisit your alpha_dir_pin to 0.5! and the alpha_homing_direction to home_to_max and possibly beta_homing_direction values again after changing this. Test it and see which one works with your setup.

that makes sense. I will try that now. Thank you.