Feature Idea: Repeat Last Job

Machine: K40 + Cohesion3D

Firmware: Smoothie

Question: I primarily use my laser to cut out velcro for embroidered patches that I make. I was wondering if there is a way to add or implement a way to load a G-code file to the SD card and make a button to repeat the last job.

My production flow is I have lightburn setup and loaded for my design, and I press play. I normally tape my mouse to the machine and just click it. It would be nice to just use the SD card so I don’t need my computer to run it.

Right now it works using the controller alone. But after you select the file it goes back to the DRO main screen and it’s a lot of manipulation to replay the file. If there was a config setting to prevent the firmware from leaving the file selection screen that would be awesome!

1 Like

I have the basic small K40 (between the tiny 25-30W and the large. I also run Cohesion 3D and Lightburn. When I load a job, and hit “play”, it runs the job and stops. If I click Play again, it repeats the job. There should be no need to reload or redo anything other that hit run.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.