Extra wires in power connector

Machine: omtech K40 Co2 40W laser

Board:had M2 nano, replaced with LaserBoard

Firmware: Smoothie “I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with” is also a great answer!

Problem/ Question: Power connector ( 4 blue wires ) white jst style connector, came with smaller red and black wire installed in either 1 and 3 or 2 and 4, the smaller wires pulled out of the connector, noticed that the laser pointer ( not the laser ) is not working nor is LED lights in bed. when trying to fix, the 3rd position wire ( or is second ) came out of the terminal. Question, I can back teh terminal out, re-termintate and replace, but what to do with the extra wires., note, when I tried to power up, laser did not home / move but does fire using test button on laser itself.

Did you provide those pictures? We need pictures to understand your setup!

OK, can you post some pictures of what you’re seeing?

If it’s the laser power connector - the one that goes to L+/GND/+5/+24 (the one that fires your laser) only L+ and GND need be connected - the other two can be cut back or safed off or something and ignored.

The red and black wires on teh 4 pin connector with the 4 blue wires. this is when it was plugged into the m2 nano board

I provided pictures. I wired it as it was, the laser pointer is not owrking, but the board is commnicating with the laser and moves, homes, but when i send a job to it, it seems to get lost while streaming - laser doesnt move or fire.

OK, it looks like those two wires are taking power from the GND and 5V terminals of your laser power connector. The 5V terminal on the plastic connector isn’t wired through to the binding post on the Laserboard, so you’ll have to back out the pin and reterminate it. Alternatively, you can get a 5V power supply (like an old cell phone charger or something) and power these peripherals from that instead.

As far as the “job getting lost” issue - are you sure the laser competes its homing cycle? It won’t accept a job if the homing cycle doesn’t successfully complete.

homing cycle completed. now my laptop keeps saying it doesnt recognize usb connector, i am using a usb 2.0 5 ft cable.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.