Connecting the control panel

I wonder if I can connect the 36V 11 A power supply to the input of the 36V max control panel?

Hello Tomaz, welcome to the forum!

Are you using a LaserBoard? If so, please use the power supply that came with the board. We do not recommend any other solution to power the board.

Okay. Thanks for the reply. I was only interested in this because I use a digital stepping driver that has a 36V power supply and I noticed on the control panel that it has a 36V input.

Hi, I have a problem. I wonder why the usb turns off if this connector (marked in the picture) is turned on? However, if this connector is disconnected (indicated in the figure), the laser moves left and right only the laser does not turn on.
Thank you for help.

Hi,
Please help me, because I have a problem. I wonder why the usb turns off if this connector (marked in the picture) is turned on? However, if this connector is disconnected (indicated in the figure), the laser moves left and right only the laser does not turn on.
Thank you for help.

Hi Tomaz, it sounds like you are saying that when the laser fires the LaserBoard disconnects from the computer, is that correct?

Also, if we can get a few more photos of your setup, including the LPSU and the wiring going to the LaserBoard, that would be helpful.

Hi, yes, when the laser fires the LaserBoard disconnects from the computer, yes this is correct. The signal lights are on normally, the center two lights are flashing. I send the pictures when I get home.

Hello. I have NEMA 17 engines connected. I don’t have a stepper driver connected yet. I will connect the NEMA 23 to the stepper driver later. I have a problem when the laser turns on, the USB turns off. If I disconnect the connector that has 4 PINs, it scrolls normally.

Thanks for the photos. In the last one it looks like you’ve got the Cohesion3D power supply that is powering the LaserBoard inside your laser, and the red/ black cable with blue tape(?) wrapped around it might be the high voltage connector to the laser tube. If this is the case, it would be best to move the power brick outside the machine, as the high voltage line may be causing electrical interference that is causing a disconnect.

You’ll also want to ensure your machine is properly grounded.

Can you relocate the power supply, confirm you’ve got good grounding, and then let us know if that improves things?

Thanks for the reply. Now it’s better because I removed the high voltage cable because the reset cable (marked in the picture) should not be connected at all, despite the fact that it is very special, because the control panel turns off immediately.
However, it still shuts off after about 1 minute of operation (attached image from the LightBurn program), despite the fact that I took the board out and sorted all the cables separately. Thanks for the help.

Hello. I need help. If I reduce the power of the laser, it works. But then there is the problem because the laser is too weak to cut.

Hi Tomaz,

It sounds like you are saying that if you run a job at a lower power setting it works. Is this correct?

Can you give us some numbers? Does anything below 15% work? How about 25%, 40%, etc. (Do you have an analog ammeter so you know what those power percentages translate to in milliamps?)

What happens when you run at higher power? (And, what value is “higher” in this case?) When you say “control panel turns off immediately” what does that mean? Does the LaserBoard shut down or reset? Does the LaserBoard disconnect from the computer?

We really need more details and specific information to help you. Something along the lines of: “I’m trying to cut 3mm acrylic with power at 50% and speed at 10mm/sec and it doesn’t cut through. On my laser 50% power is 8 milliamps.”

There are a lot of variables at play, so we need you to help us narrow it down before we can offer advice.