Configuration the rotary attachement on port A

Machine: k40

Board: c3d mini

Firmware: _Smoothie

Problem/ Question: i use lightburn full version 9.06, Windows 7 pro
i have a k40 witth c3d mini controler
i buy a rotary attachement c3d
i am unable to control it with lightburn
i have 2 additional driver for my c3d mini, 1 for Z et the other for port A.
i updated the firmware C3D mini for batch 3
when i connect the rotary on drive Z it work but not on drive A
Why?
thanks

Please provide pictures of your board, machine, and wiring so we can verify it all looks good.

Here are the pictures, I am directly connected to the controller. if I plug the motor on the Z axis, it works.
Thanks,
IMG_1106 IMG_1107 IMG_1108

Here are the pictures, I am directly connected to the controller. if I plug the motor on the Z axis, it works.
Thanks,

did you forget me?

IMG_1108

I am back in the office today and catching up on things after the weekend and Monday holiday day off.

For A you will need to add a delta section in the config file.

Here is a generic format of one:

# A axis
delta_steps_per_mm 17.77  # may be steps per degree for example
delta_step_pin     2.3    # Pin for delta stepper step signal
delta_dir_pin      0.22   # Pin for delta stepper direction
delta_en_pin       0.21   # Pin for delta enable
delta_current      1.2    # Z stepper motor current
delta_max_rate     3000.0 # mm/min
delta_acceleration 500.0  # mm/sec²

Try adding that to config file, then put it back into off board and turn board on.
Now G0 A360 F120 should turn the rotary on A.

Once we have that working we can adjust the max rate and other values to tune the rotary in.

I have the same as Sylvain (K40 - C3D Mini - C3D Rotary) and the information above really helped. It would really help to list the specifications of the rotary so new customers can do the calculations, if needed. The 17.77 number seems to work and a full revolution worked for me using this number. Lightburn is giving me more trouble though. I put a wooden dowel on the rollers and created a graduated line and lettering to ensure that my stepper motor cable was not reversed and that everything was calibrated. Using the 50mm for the big wheel and the actual diameter of the dowel I made my test cut the full diameter of the dowel. The cut looked good but the 2 ends came short of meeting each other. There will be some more adjustments needed for sure.
I’m posting my install to help people with the same setup. I used some weak magnetic feet to secure the rotary in the cabinet for now.

Magnetic feet that you can find on Amazon and plenty other places.
These are 15lb holding power magnets.

The arrow points to the C3D mini A-port and the red wire faces the end of the board with the SD Card and USB ports.

Installed…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.