Cohesion3d mini

Machine: K40 chinese laser

Board: Cohesion3d mini Rev 2.3
Firmware: Stock with this board
Problem/ Question:

Was wondering if I can install the Cluster Firmware to my Cohesion3d mini Rev 2.3? I’ve been cutting using lightburn for the past 2.5 weeks. Been a great experience so far but wanted to do more grayscale and seem like Cluster firmware is the way to go. Thanks.

Hello Michael, the firmware and config file for the Mini can be found on this page:

Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see a link to Dropbox to grab the files.

If you need any more info on the Cluster firmware this post should cover everything you need to know.

Good luck with the install. If you have any issues just post a follow up here and we’ll help get you up and running.

Hi Pete so the cluster Firmware is already on the Batch 3 of the dropbox files? Thanks!

Not for the Mini, no.

You’re welcome to pop the cluster firmware file from the announcement there on your board and try it out :slight_smile:

Okay Thanks Will do.

I do have another question, I added the batch 3 and skipped batch 2, I added the files into the SD card and turned it on, firmware. bin disappeared only firmware.cur and the config is there is this okay? Nothing seem to change.

That means the board loaded the new firmware. Give the cluster mode a shot and see how it goes!

Thanks! I’ve been having so much fun I really don’t want to mess it up since new boards aren’t even available yet. Cheers!

Just make sure you enable clustering in LightBurn, or it will not be an improvement.

The page linked below has more details and a screenshot showing where you need to enable clustering.

In LightBurn select Device Settings in the Edit menu or click the wrench and screwdriver icon in the toolbar. On the right side under Other Options turn on Enable Smoothie Clustering .

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.