Cohesion3d mini install

Machine: k40
Board: cohesion3d mini (2017)
Firmware: Smoothie or GRBL-LPC? “I have a new board and I’m using whatever it came with” is also a great answer!

Problem/ Question: Hi I have purchased my cohesion3d mini in late 2017 but due to situations out of my control haven’t had time to install it correctly and it has been travelling with me across the country. I purchase the LCD controller as well. I’m looking for installation guide and whatever I need to update to the latest firmware. Planning to purchase Light burn as soon as I can get everything sorted for my k40. Thanks.

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum!

The most important thing we need to do is determine which version of the Mini you have.

If you can look for a version number printed on it, you should see v2.2 or v2.3 or v2.4

It would also be helpful if you could post photos of the board (front and back) so we can provide more assistance.

There are two very important things to make note of before you do anything else:

1. Get a separate 24v power supply to power the board. The LPSU 24v rail is very shoddy.
2. Completely isolate the board from the metal frame with nylon spacers or an acrylic plate or some other non-conductive material.

Those two points will go a long way towards helping the Mini works as expected and protect it from power and grounding issues.

You can find the links to the C3D Mini resources linked here:

Here’s a recent post from another Mini user. Note that the info in that thread may not exactly match what you need, which is why we need to first determine which version you have.

That should be enough to get you started… we look forward to your reply. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Pete, so currently the board is on the machine so without completely removing it can’t seem to find the model. But I have attached the photo. I was able to get the lcd and working and also did a quick test fire from the lcd controller as well as lightburn. Do you have a recommended 24v power supply? Eventually I like to upgrade or just make a new laser cutter/engraver with the newer boards but since I already have the mini and paid for it figure I get this working and learn from this before I proceed. Thanks!

Mike

All good then, sounds like you have a v2.3. Once you’ve got the ball rolling here we can discuss updating files and latest firmware.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.