Can PowerLED V3.5 connect to Cohesion3D LaserBoard

GuangZhou Amonstar Trade Co. ,Ltd K40 laser engraver

Cohesion3D LaserBoard

Firmware Smoothie

I bought it used and modified with the Cohesion board. The control panel has been replace and has an LCD display attached and working. There is an additional board called PowerLED V3.5 which may or may not have come with the original machine. It has buttons for controlling the level of laser power and an amp meter. Most importantly is a laser test button. If nothing else, I would like this button to work because I can’t get the laser test from the LCD via Smoothie to fire at a low enough power to properly align the mirrors.

Please allow me to upload pictures… as a new user I am denied.

thx

Please note that the problem to solve is to reduce laser power such that I can test fire without burning huge hole in masking tape. If the PowerLED board cannot be attached this would be an acceptable solution.

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum! I have upgraded your trust level so that you can now upload pictures.

Please provide pictures of your machine, control panel, board, other electrical components, and wiring.

1cf270fd2ccb38f234fa272df767a7da54799ea0_2_657x500 1cf270fd2ccb38f234fa272df767a7da54799ea0_2_657x500

Any thoughts on this?

Is there any documentation that will shed light on my question?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your patience while I looked over this.

You can read more about controlling the power of your laser machine in our PWM Control article.

The document above contains a link to instructions on how to install an mA meter, which will help to determine how much power you are actually outputting from the tube. There is also a link regarding installing a potentiometer.

As for the specific board you mentioned, we have an article about hooking up other devices to the LaserBoard - high level though, it is not recommended: https://cohesion3d.com/knowledgebase/how-do-i-hook-up-power-random-item-from-the-laserboard/

Please let us know if you have any questions.